Many of my friends & family have asked what they should read/watch to get started understanding cryptocurrencies. I first send them the Bitcoin whitepaper and the Princeton class first (first 2 links below). Depending on how much they’ve been infected by the crypto virus after that, and their level/approach, I suggest more of the below links. There’s a trove of material and this is by no means exhaustive. That said, it’s a decent start. Enjoy!
Why crypto matters:
- [Watch] Naval’s first Periscope which discusses crypto at length
How to value Cryptoassets:
- [Read] John Pfeffer’s paper “An Institutional Investor’s guide to Cryptoassets” (paper is at the bottom of the linked post)
- [Read] Chris Burniske’s Cryptoasset Valuations
- [Read] Letter to Jamie Dimon by Adam Ludwin @ Chain
Go Deep on Bitcoin:
- [Read] Andreas’ book on Mastering Bitcoin
- [Read] Why Own Bitcoin by Wences Casares
- [Read] The bullish case for Bitcoin by Vijay Boyapati: Part 1, 2, 3, and 4
Cryptoassets other than Bitcoin:
Write some code:
- [Code] CryptoZombies, a simple game on Ethereum platform
Stay up to date:
- [Follow] There are lots of fun crypto people to follow on Twitter. Some of the funniest are Neeraj Agrawal and Kevin Pham.
- [Follow] All the folks above are on Twitter. They’re good follows too.
- [Follow] Naval Ravikant (whom you should follow) has a great list.
If you like the above, follow me. Enjoy!